Day 1: Nairobi/Sirimon/Judmaier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m ascent
Leave Nairobi at 8 am to Nanyuki town for lunch, taking about 4 hours. Proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs. About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmaier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Old Moses | Liki North Camp, 10km, 3hrs, 3900m
After climbing through the rain forest to 3993m. We will spend the night at Liki Camp north. Bed, Lunch, Dinner included.
Day 3: Liki North Camp | Shipton’s Camp, 5km, 2hrs, 4000m
The trail proceeds to Shipton’s camp where we will rest in order to acclimatise overnight. Bed, Lunch, Dinner included.
Day 4: Shipton Camp | Mackinders Camp, 7km, 3hrs, 4200m
From Shipton’s camp the trail leads to kami hut below the north face of Batian. Continuing west – southwest the trails climbs up switchbacks in the fine snow before reaching Hausberg col at 4590m. We will descend into the upper Hausberg valley and rest at the aptly named oblong and Hausberg tarns. Ascending to the crest of a ridge known as Arthur’s seat we see the trail winding along a beautiful series of rock ledges. We will descend to shipton’s camp for the night. Bed, Lunch, Dinner included.
Day 5: Mackinders Camp | Point Lenana, 7km, 4hrs | Met Station, 23km, 7hrs
An early 2.00 am start for an attempt to reach point Lenana before descending to Mackinder’s camp for breakfast then on to Met Station for dinner and overnight. Bed, Lunch, Dinner included.
Day 6: Met Station | Naromoru Gate, 9km, 3hrs| Nairobi
Descend to park gate and transfer to Nairobi. Bed, & Lunch included.
• Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
• Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
• Meal plan as detailed:
• Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
• All park entrance fees to include government taxes
• Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
• Start and finish in Nairobi
• Treated water on the trek
• Laundry, tips, sleeping bags, drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
• International flights
• Visas to Kenya
• Items of personal nature
• Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary